Maureen E. Eldredge
Maureen joined HBC in 2006. Her corporate practice focuses on emerging and growing businesses, advising on choice of entity, business formation, strategic planning, contracts, negotiations, private financing, mergers and acquisitions, securities law compliance and corporate governance. Maureen's clients include businesses, owners, investors and entrepreneurs from a wide variety of industries. She also works with non-profit organizations on obtaining and maintaining tax-exempt status, corporate governance, bylaws, corporate policies, fiduciary duties and corporate structure.
Maureen complements her corporate practice by providing her clients with a number of immigration services. She assists corporate clients in obtaining temporary and permanent U.S. work visas, including labor certifications, as well as advising on the immigration impacts of mergers, acquisitions and reductions in force. Additionally she helps employers establish and maintain I-9 compliance procedures. As part of her immigration practice, Maureen also represents individuals seeking visas, permanent residency and other forms of immigration benefits.
Before joining the firm, Maureen was a civil litigator with Arnold and Porter, LLP, a large international law firm. Prior to becoming an attorney, Maureen was a lobbyist in Washington, DC for a number of non-profit organizations.
Publications and Presentations
- Brian Leitch, Maureen Eldredge, Successful Restructuring Requires Hard Look at Legacy Costs, The Journal of Corporate Renewal, August 2006, Vol.19/No.8.
- Maureen E. Eldredge, The Quest for a Lactating Male: Biology, Gender, and Discrimination, 80 Chicago-Kent Law Review 875 (2005).
- Maureen E. Eldredge, Who's Driving the Train? Railroad Regulation and Local Control, University of Colorado Law Journal (2004).
Areas of Practice
- Business Formation
- Contracts and Transactions
- Corporate Governance
- Financing and Securities
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Real Estate
- University of Colorado School of Law, J.D., 2004
Order of the Coif
University of Colorado Law School Law Review
- University of Rhode Island, M.A., 1989
- College of the Holy Cross, B.A., 1987
Magna Cum Laude
Phi Beta Kappa
Bar Admissions / Clerkships
- Colorado, 2004
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2004
Memberships / Awards
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Boulder County Bar Association - Co-Chair of BCBC Business Section 2011-2013
- American Immigration Lawyers Association
- First Place, Louis Jackson Memorial Student Writing Competition in Labor & Employment Law (2004)
- John Knauss Sea Grant Fellowship