F2-A Visas Available in August for Spouses and Children of Lawful Permanent Residents

The U.S. Department of State has announced that visas will be made available in the F2-A category beginning in August 2013.  This category includes the spouses and children of lawful permanent residents (green card holders).  In the past, the F2-A category has often required a wait of several years for a visa.  The current availability of visa numbers for August means that certain spouses and children of permanent residents can apply now for a green card and may be able to remain in the United States while the application is pending. 

If you think you or a family member could be eligible for an F2-A visa and would like to discuss the application process, please contact HBC immigration attorney Maureen Eldredge at 303-442-6514 or eldredge@hbcboulder.com.