HBC is once again pleased to sponsor the 2011 Boulder International Business Forum, a series of presentations and discussions on international business topics. The third International Business Forum will take place at the offices of HBC (921 Walnut Street, Suite 200, in Boulder) on Thursday, May 12, 2011, at 10:30 a.m. This session will focus on export assistance programs, explaining when an export license is required and what steps a business should take to comply with laws governing export of goods and services A discussion of government funding and other resources to encourage exports will follow the presentation. This session will answer questions such as:
- What is a "deemed export"?
- Is an export license required to provide professional services to foreign customers?
- Does the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) apply to our foreign sales agents?
- Can our company benefit from the CO-EXist Program or Export Development Grants?
- What assistance is available to help companies deal with export issues?
Registration is free, and can be done by calling HBC at (303) 442-6514 or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please RSVP in advance, as space is limited. Parking is available across Walnut Street at the St. Julien Hotel or at metered street parking along Walnut.